Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Have Become A Ragamuffin
















Greetings from Vancouver, British Columbia.

It's been a great deal of time since my last post, (almost a month) and I've been a very busy boy.

Wanderhoof is no longer journeying with me as she has other things to deal with so from here on in it's solo, me and the road.
Here's the sitch.
Shambhala was amazing. 3rd year and still winning. Never ceases to amaze me. Located deep in the heart of the Kootenay Mountain range, it's definitely a smorgasbord for the eyes. After Shambhala, I made my way to Vancity, where I've been working at the infamous Wreck Beach off the western tip of UBC as a sherpa. Tough life! Such a tough life, (haha) that my friend Gini and I attended a free music festival somewhere off the coast of British Columbia last weekend. Here I made the tree fort/tent pad you can feast your eyes upon below, and sat at a salt water/fresh water stream that CHANGED DIRECTIONS. Blew my mind. To get to the festival we had to take a ferry from Tsawassen to Victoria and make our way North. Method? Hitchhiking. And we didn't do too badly. We covered pretty much half the island in one afternoon. People were so friendly and we never waited more than 10 minutes on the road.. Until Parksville. Blegh.
We were stranded in the dark for three hours on a 110km/h stretch of highway. Never hitchhike at night folks it really sucks.
Other than that, I've just been making preparations this week for my border crossing and 7 day stint in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada, USA. I'm going to miss my Vancity fam but, I feel like I'm going on a scouting mission for the tribe. Many pictures to take, and people to meet, oh, and an 85 foot wooden man to burn :D

It's gonna get hot.
Stay tuned for the debriefing, see you all on the other side ;)
Eugene

No comments:

Post a Comment